I know I have been doing a lot of teasing around my new book Nourishing You, and I have had a lot of requests for a little peak into the recipes. So, I thought I would share with you one of my top 10 favourite dishes out of Nourishing You, my Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai!
This dish is out of the ‘Better than takeaway’ section of Nourishing You and is perfect if you are craving takeaway, just without the added nasties.
Zucchini noodles are my favourite way to enjoy zucchini. It is such a versatile vegetable that doesn’t have a load of flavour, so it takes on the flavour of sauces in a similar way that noodles or pasta do. You can purchase a spiraliser from any large department store or online.
For more beautiful and nourishing recipes like this one, you can pre-order your very own copy of Nourishing You here.
Tip — Add sliced chicken or prawns by cooking them in the pan after you cook the egg and setting them aside. Add the meat ingredient back in at the end.
- PAD THAI SAUCE
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 large zucchini, spiralised (You can buy this from supermarkets if you do not have a spiraliser.)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- TO SERVE
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- Handful fresh coriander
- Start by making the sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a smallbowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs together.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large wok over medium heat.
- Add the whisked eggs, moving them around the bottom of the wok until cooked.
- Remove the eggs and set aside on a plate. It is ok if the egg mix breaks up.
- In the wok, add the rest of the olive oil and stir-fry the sliced chilli and onion for a couple of minutes, then remove from the pan. In the wok heat add the sauce, stirring it for a minute.
- Add the onion, chilli, egg, zucchini noodles, sprouts and peanuts, stirring through for a couple of minutes to heat and combine the ingredients.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges, fresh coriander and crushed peanuts.