These Christmas truffles are decadent and absolutely delicious as well as being gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free. Who said you can’t have a healthy festive season while still enjoying indulgent treats, after all, it is not Christmas without treats!
These healthy Christmas truffles are a must-have in the fridge or freezer for when visitors pop around for a cuppa, afternoon tea or dinner parties. They are also the perfect healthy gift! Make a batch of these delicious truffles for your neighbours, friends or workmates. Be creative with how they are gift wrapped, either in a box, jar, cellophane or individually wrapped.
Or you can give the gift of the ingredients to make these gorgeous truffles. This is such a pretty gift to give and so much fun! The Festive Truffle Jar is the perfect gift for friends, relatives, work colleagues, teachers or neighbours.
Festive Chocolate & Cranberry Truffles
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao or coco
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil,
- melted ½ cup dried cranberries
- Extra cacao/cocoa for dusting
- In a food processor place the cashew nut and whizz up until they are ground into fine crumbs.
- Add ¼ cup of dates at a time and blitz until the dates are ground into fine crumbs. Continue until all of the dates are ground down.
- Add the coconut, cacao and salt to the food processor and blend until the mixture is combined.
- Place the coconut oil in the food processor and blend together.
- Finally, add the dried cranberries to the mixture and mix through without chopping them up too much.6.Roll the mixture into 16 balls, dust with extra cacao if desired and place in the fridge to set.